Sweden <--> Ohio: Student

Sunday, April 08, 2007

I am home, temporarily, also alone, also temporarily (Anthony joins me from Stockholm tomorrow). We're here (Vaxjo) for I think 36h? before heading off to Copenhagen for a long day trip (noodles, aquarium, Anthony's pick of destinations).

The next day Anthony leaves Vaxjo for Stockholm, spends the night in an incomparable City Backpackers room (they're gorgeous, safe, and fill quickly), and flies back to the states the next morning. After that, I write papers (4, I think?), study Swedish, do math homework and take a math exam and a (brutal, much feared) Swedish Final Exam. Some other stuff happens after that, and there are more classes, but I can't remember anything past that Swedish Exam right now.

I am exhausted, I have a cough (what, 3 weeks now?), though it's much improved after returning to comparatively-non-smoking Sweden after smoking-is-mandatory Turkey, and I had a wonderful time. It was weird, it was fun, it was aggravating, it was exhilarating. My feet hurt and I have blisters on my blisters. I have annoying tendencies to over or under pack and am working on that. Also, from the lack of stretching, I'm a hobbling granny in the mornings when I wake up - the next 2 days will be painful as I stretch as many times a day as I can, but after that I should be good to go for a day of walking around Copenhagen.

I will post (countless) pictures soon, with commentary, in my flickr acct.

I had many many many public health questions while traveling and some will require some googling to answer - those posts will be slower to write, but will include actual on-topic content!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home